Zoom whitening just take 2 hours out of your day and some people leave with 5 or more shades lighter!
We recommend that all patients wishing to have their teeth whitened to come in for a quick exam to see if you will benefit from the whitening, because not all patients will. If you are a good candidate we will set up your appointment then call in a prescription strength fluoride tooth paste for you to use for 2 weeks every night before the procedure to help with sensitivity. The whitening appointment is either with our assistant or hygienists here are the steps for the appointment;
- The hygienist/assistant will take a shade of you teeth and show it to you so we can see the effects of the whitening procedure.
- Impressions are taken of your teeth so that you leave with a set of take home trays
- Cover all of you gum tissue and also cover your lips with sunscreen so there are no burning of these tissues
- Up to 3 whitening sessions of 15 minutes with whitening gel and the zoom light
- After the whitening sessions we will take a final shade and you have the choice to use the take home gel for a couple more days. Most patients don't even need to use the gel and they save it for touch ups 6 months down the road.
- Then when you leave the office you leave with the trays in your mouth with a desensitizer because the whitening does cause some sensitivity.
We offer an iPod that you can listen to, to make the time go by and to help relax you.
SEE ALSO: Whitening Post Op Instructions